Over the Easter break, music students from around the country will gather together along with the wider UK church to hear from God in His Word, to celebrate Him in worship, and to enjoy the company of His people.
Word Alive 2023
1 - 6 April
Pontins, Prestatyn, North Wales (right by the sea!!)
Music Network Track
The Music Network seminar track at Word Alive is all about equipping you to understand music within the framework of the gospel and addressing key questions that arise as we try to live out our faith in Jesus in the world of music.
This year, the Music Network track is being led by husband-and-wife super-team Matt & Jacky Waldock. Matt is a pastor in Manchester, and Jacky is a composer and musicologist based at the University of Liverpool. Watch this video below to see what sort of things they'll be covering in their seminars. (NB, yes this says 2020 - that's because this video was originally made for then, but Covid cancelled it... so they're doing it this year instead!)
As you can see, Word Alive promises to be just what it always has been in the past for music students: a truly fantastic and seminal week in your walk with Jesus. Indeed, do read this write-up by Guildhall pianist Tom Jesty and RCM violinist Julie Piggott about their experience at WA 2022 to get a taste of what could be in store for you this Eastertime.
Join the Music Network chalets!
One of the highlights of coming to Word Alive as a musician is the chance to stay in chalets with, and thus live, eat, and generally hang out with, other music students from across the country as part of the Music Network chalets.
Booking has already opened, and there are only 32 spaces, so why not book in today? You can do so right here. The already-discounted price for students is £145, but if money is an issue, £70 bursaries are available for those who want to stay with the Music Network and commit to the MN track, thereby cutting the cost by nearly 50%! Email Tom Chevis if you wish to request a bursary code.
Get a taste of the WA fun...
The video below shows footage made by the Music Network group at Word Alive way back in 2017 (when I didn't have any facial hair), and gives just a sense of the fun that can be expected. Just don't follow those old links that are shared at the end!
The small print concerning refunds
- If you would like to apply for a refund, please note that they are given at the discretion of UCCF and are not issued automatically.
- We consider refunds in the event of an unexpected university event or personal health issue which prevents you from attending.
- Requests for refunds should be sent to staff responsible for budget.
- Any deposit paid is non-refundable.
- All refunds will be subject to a £40 administration charge. Your deposit (if you paid one) can count towards this.
- No requests for a refund will be considered once the event has finished.
- Refunds will be made back to the card used for the original payment.